Hey there! Thanks for attending my SQL PASS Session on Friday! A few links we’ll discuss are below and a placeholder version of the slide deck. If we get into any big conversations, I’ll bring links into here by end of day next Monday.
Note before the session – This is going to be a 101 level chat, sort of like the HA/DR chat on Thursday at the PASS Summit. My goal here is to walk through our checklist (linked below), talk at a high level, and answer questions. It’s the last session of the day. Of the week even! So we will either go a little longer with questions after we’re done on the side, or we’ll get out earlier if you all are already well-fed and end up without any questions or interaction.
- Download our SQL Server Upgrade Checklist (and export to word and edit it to make it your upgrade checklist!)
- Download our SQL Server Installation Best Practice checklist (and export to word and make it your checklist!!)
- Check out our SQL Server Upgrades made easy page – several videos from deeper dives in each of the phases we discussed (Before, During, After)
- SQL Server 2008/R2 Page – Want to see a scary-looking counter to show you how long those environments have been out of support? Check it out. We post some original content there about what we talked about today. Scare management into upgrading…
- SP_Blitz and that family of scripts are a really good way to get a sanity check on your current environment, as are the Glenn Berry Diagnostic Scripts.
I’ll add more if any conversations prompt other links. The slides, or a close enough version of them are embedded below here.