SQL Server Consulting – Straight Path Solutions
Straight Path Solutions is a team of SQL Server professionals working together to help our clients, primarily in the “Relational Engine” space. If a DBA, performance tuner, or data architect touches it, it’s probably in our wheel house and one of our experts can help bring you peace of mind with our SQL Server consulting services.
From helping to offload your DBA team’s work, to augmenting your team with our Senior DBA as a Service solution sharing our knowledge and teaching as we go, to tuning that stubborn database or finally getting you far away from SQL Server 2005 and Windows Server 2003 with our SQL Server migration services, Straight Path can become a valuable part of your team.
Mike Walsh is the founder and principle consultant and has been working exclusively with SQL Server for over sixteen years, the last six years as a SQL Server consultant, managing director and practice lead. He is a SQL Server blogger, speaker and has been recognized by Microsoft as a SQL Server MVP six times since February of 2011. His experience, knowledge and expertise will quickly help you and your team find the right way to SQL Server peace of mind. Have a look at what some past clients say about working with Mike.
The team that Mike works with is just like him in many ways. SQL Server experts. Often MVPs. Authors, bloggers, speakers, experts in their field. Straight Path doesn’t just look to someone’s technical skills before putting them on a project, we want to make sure they have the people skills, are the right fit for the client and give you the best experience possible. We partner with our clients and want to help you get past whatever brought you to us, and we want to leave you with our knowledge and the tools to help solve your own problems moving forward. SQL Server consulting with a client first focus.
Mike is a very skilled SQL DBA – very sound and dependable. Never shy about taking on added responsibility. Best of all Mike is always looking to improve the situation, be it something in his direct control or other parts of the organization. Always a pleasure to work with, always a value add to very project we worked on.
SQL Server Consulting Services
Just a highlight of some of the more common SQL Server consulting services we provide at Straight Path:
- SQL Server Upgrades – Expert, painless, set-it-and-forget-it upgrades. Our expertise, experience, and methods will get you there with little disruption to your users. We’ll get it right the first time and your team will learn about the new features.
- SQL Server Assessments – A comprehensive way to give you peace of mind that your SQL Server infrastructure is built and performing right. If there are gaps? Our goal is to mentor and help you get past them and keep that knowledge in house moving forward.
- Remote DBA – Whether you need a Sr. DBA mentoring your existing DBAs or team on a timeshare approach with a team based delivery so there are no vacation or sick time losses or you need a 24*7 keep the lights on DBA, Straight Path has the right answers for you.
- Data Warehousing – The extended family of Straight Path Solution includes some serious expertise in the realm of Data Warehouse Architecture and Data Integration services. Just like our relational engine consultants, this team consists of top level talent. SQL Server MVPs, speakers, authors and bloggers specializing in making the most of data warehousing.
- SQL Server Performance Tuning – Our approach is to start with the easy to fix and big gains, then to drill in deeper to the more time consuming to fix. Often we can stop on the outside layers and leave an environment in a great spot. Sometimes you’ll need to dig deeper, but we’ve bought you time by doing the easier, less risky fixes.
- SQL Server Database Design and Development – Hiring SQL Server consultants who have helped many environments recover from bad decisions can help you avoid those in the beginning on your next project. We’ve seen a lot of mistakes and want to help you avoid them.
- SQL Server Virtualization Consulting – Going virtual? Currently Virtual? We can help make sure you are following all of the necessary best practices, making sure your environment is properly configured and provide guidance on architecture for the best SQL Server performance in a virtual environment. From the disks to the switches to the hosts to the VMWare or Hyper-V settings. This goes for cloud based SQL Server deployments. Whether it’s AWS EC2 or Windows Azure, or the Platform as a Service options like RDS or Azure SQL databases, we can help make sure you’re setup for success.
- SQL Server High Availability Consulting- Availability Groups, VMWare DRS, Zerto, Failover Cluster Instances, VMWare HA, Failover to the cloud, active secondaries, etc. etc. So many choices. Let us work with your team, assess your needs and help you solve for your business and your budget.
- Contact Us today for your specific challenges and needs
Hiring The Right SQL Server Consulting Firm
When looking to bring on a SQL Server consultant to guide your team, you want to see your needs met quickly and efficiently. You want to see your team mentored and know you got the best value possible. You want the the skills to stay with your team at the end, you don’t need someone’s foot in the door while a consulting firm tries to multiply. The typical consulting engagement for us has no fixed length of time, but our goal is always to make the need for us go down as soon as possible when a client agrees to that. Whether that is quickly building in efficiency and automation of routine processes or sharing in depth knowledge with your team, we want you to succeed and we are honored to be a part of that, but we never want to stay just to stay and bill.
We also have a commitment to quality and excellence. We pride ourselves on trying to live by the principle that each time we talk with a client, it should be as good or better for the client as it is for us. To that end, you can always reach out to our founder and company owner, Mike Walsh, on his cell – 603.203.9797 anytime. That’s a commitment to our quality and to the transparency we have with our clients.